The Arc of New York advocates at the state and federal level for public policy that supports people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. As part of the #bFair2DirectCare Coalition, our number one advocacy priority is to secure adequate funding to address the ongoing workforce crisis that threatens the quality and sustainability of care and support for New Yorkers with I/DD. For more on this issue, read our 2019 Budget Testimony.
We also advocate on various issues including increasing salaries for direct support professionals, protecting Medicaid, and increasing residential development. The Advocacy Priorities page provides an overview of our current legislative advocacy platform, details on the key issues, and the policy changes we are advocating for.
The Arc New York President Saundra Gumerove's Testimony to the Assembly Standing Committee on Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities addressess access to developmental disability supports and services, the transition to managed care, the workforce crisis and more.
The Arc of New York's Position Statements express our foundational beliefs regarding the rights of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to a rich, full and equitable life, and our positions on the policies and approaches necessary to achieve that goal.
- Find your Senator
- Find your Assemblymember
- The Arc New York Information, Impact and Advocacy Priorities Summary
- The Arc New York Full 2010 Advocacy Priorities
- The Arc New York District Impact Sheets (Senate)
- The Arc New York District Impact Sheets (Assembly)
- #bFair2DirectCare General Information
- #bFair2DirectCare Provider Survey Results
- #bFair2DirectCare Phone Script and Template Letter to Legislators