The virtual 2020 NYSARC Guardianship Training Symposium kicks off on October 22, 2020 with our first in a series of five presentations offered every Thursday through November 19, 2020. While we can't meet in person this year, we are pleased to bring you these valuable educational offerings to enrich our perspectives and enhance our skills as advocates for the people we support.
To join a virtual session, click on the session title title on the Full Event Schedule page, or "Join Live Via Zoom" on the invidudual session page.
You may also join via phone by calling 1-929-436-2866 and entering the session ID found with each session's schedule information.
Full event details, meeting links and call info below:
Full Event Schedule
Session 1: A Pilgrim’s Way through Grief – Helping Others and Ourselves
Session 2: Holding Grief and Gratitude Together in this Time of Unimaginable Loss
Session 3: Guardianship Through the Ages, Guardianship Reform and Decision-Making Supports
Session 4: Growing Volunteers: The Importance of Recruiting, Training and Maintaining Active Volunteers
Session 5: Passing the Baton: Transitioning Oversight and Advocacy to Siblings and Other Caregivers
Full PDF Program
- To enter session click on session title of the symposium program you wish to attend in the full event schedule or on the session page.
- Upon arrival you will enter a waiting room. When the session begins you will automatically enter.
- Everyone will be asked to mute their microphones, or you may be muted by the host to eliminate background noise.
- If you would like to comment or ask a question during the session, you may use the chat box located at the bottom of your Zoom screen or raise your hand by clicking the icon. You will need to unmute your mic to speak.
- If you are participating by telephone, you may push *6 to mute and unmute and *9 to indicate that you have a question or comment.