Click the Event Title to Join Live Via Zoom!
Full event info can be found below.
September 22nd, 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Companies across the state are acknowledging the value of employing people with disabilities in their place of business. The Arc New York Employer Recognition Awards provide Chapters the opportunity to recognize an individual, corporation or business in New York State that has demonstrated outstanding support in providing services and job opportunities for people who have intellectual or other developmental disabilities. Join us as we congratulate four exemplary businesses who have employed individuals with IDD. Honorees include:
- Ruby Tuesday, nominated by: The Arc Chemung-Schuyler
- Maco Packaging, nominated by: Ontario ARC
- Golden Artist Colors, nominated by: The Arc Otsego
- ABB Optical Eye Group, nominated by: The Arc Westchester
Guest Speaker: John Robinson, CEO, Our Ability, Executive Director, Alliance Disability/NY
September 30, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
This year, artists who are supported by Chapters of The Arc New York have challenged themselves to create paintings that will be displayed as a collage at the Organization's State Office in Latham, NY. Join us as we share the inspiring artwork and present awards to three artists (first, second and third places) and congratulate all who shared with us their vision and talent.
October 1, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Presented annually to four direct support professionals employed by a Chapter of The Arc New York, this award recognizes individuals who consistently demonstrate excellence, creativity and commitment in providing supports to people with I/DD. Please join us as we congratulate all of this year’s nominees and recipients and thank them for a job well done. A must attend award!
2020 Statewide Recipients:
- James Sherman, DSP, Mountain Lake Services (Essex County Chapter)
- Terri Salvione, DSP, The Arc Lexington (Fulton County Chapter)
- Thelma Matthews, DSP, The Arc Oneida-Lewis
- Laura Pollack, DSP, The Arc Otsego
Guest Speaker: Joseph Macbeth, President, National Alliance for Direct Support Professionals (NADSP)
October 2, 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Self-Advocate of the Year Award - honoring Joseph Damiano from Allegany Arc
- Volunteer of the Year Award - honoring Warren Heilbronner, Esq. from The Arc Monroe
- Presidential Toast to the Organization
- Social Hour