On Wednesday, January 25th, The Arc New York, New York Disability Advocates (NYDA) and partners are hosting a Social Media Day of Action! We’ll be posting live throughout the day on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, urging Governor Kathy Hochul to include much-needed investments for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) in this year’s budget. We’re calling on YOU to join us and help us make some noise by sharing, retweeting, and replying to our content and posting stories and messages of your own!
Your voice is the most powerful! We want you to tell your own story, but you can also help by sharing, retweeting, and replying to our posts. Include the hashtags #DisabilityAwareness and #IDDPriority, and remember to tag us so we can amplify your voice!
At a loss for words? There are sample posts below.
Who To Tag
Tag @thearcny, @nydisabilityadvocates, @CPState and @Governor Kathy Hochul on Facebook
Tag @thearcny, @nydisabilityadv, @CPState and @GovKathyHochul on Twitter
Accounts To Follow
Twitter: @NYdisabilityadv, @theArcNY, @CPState, @IACnydd, NYAlliance, DDAWNY
Facebook: TheArcNY, CP State, NYDA, IAC, NY Alliance
- New York’s I/DD community is facing a crisis. The time is NOW for @GovKathyHochul to take action and include desperately-needed funding for the I/DD service sector in the SFY 2024 Executive Budget. #IDDPriority #CareCantWait
- With high staff turnover costing nonprofit provider agencies $100M per year, New York’s I/DD community is in crisis. @GovKathyHochul we’re counting on you to take action & include much-needed investments for the I/DD service sector in the upcoming Executive Budget #IDDPriority #CareCantWait
- With rising costs of inflation, operational costs for nonprofit I/DD provider agencies are skyrocketing. @GovKathyHochul MUST include an 8.5% COLA increase in this year’s Executive Budget to ensure the future viability of the I/DD service system because #carecantwait. #IDDPriority
- We cannot achieve the #NewYorkDream if we don’t ensure fair wages for essential work. Tell @GovKathyHochul: NOW is the time to raise DSP wages by including a wage enhancement in the budget. New York’s I/DD community depends on it. #IDDPriority #CareCantWait
- DSPs are highly trained and skilled professionals that provide essential support & services to 130,000+ New Yorkers with I/DD. Their #NewYorkDream is to continue to do this essential work without relying on just above minimum wage to support themselves & their families. @GovKathyHochul raise DSP wages NOW and make the I/DD service sector a priority in this year’s Executive Budget #IDDPriority #CareCantWait
Click on the image for full size, then right-click to download.