It is The Arc New York’s position that every The Arc New York Chapter maintains a Quality Improvement Plan that is in keeping with the Board of Governor’s requirement established to begin in 2014.
High quality standards must be reflected throughout the full continuum of services and supports for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities. Quality is reflected in high levels of personal satisfaction with life situations. Quality is evidenced by measurable outcomes and a continuous improvement process. Person-centered service planning and delivery, community inclusion, protection and safety are an essential part of The Arc New York’s core values.
It is The Arc New York’s position that Quality supports and services can be enhanced when the following occur:
- Quality is defined by the person and his/her Circle of Support, if desired.
- The person and their family, along with their Circle of Support, drive the design of the supports and ensure that these supports are available in the person’s home community.
- Providers respect the rights, dignity and privacy of individuals and provide supports in the least restrictive manner.
- People supported and their Circle of Support have the ability to explore options and make informed decisions.
- Supports are person-centered and reflect an integrated process regardless of the person’s diagnosis and build upon the person’s strengths and talents in a positive manner.
- Appropriate levels of resources are offered to the person, to include quality staffing and a broad array of supports, in a timely fashion.
- Providers of supports and services must be in compliance with all regulatory authorities.
Adopted October 21, 2000 at NYSARC, Inc. Delegate Assembly Adopted with Amendments October 20, 2001 at NYSARC, Inc. Delegate Assembly Adopted with Amendments October 17, 2008 at NYSARC, Inc. Delegate Assembly Adopted with Amendments October 19, 2012 at NYSARC, Inc. Delegate Assembly Adopted with Amendments October 17, 2014 at NYSARC, Inc. Delegate Assembly