This fulltime position supports the Trust Services Executive Leadership team by researching, reviewing and drafting legal trust documents and providing opinions on legal matters, tracking legislation effecting the Trust and representing Trust Services in court and litigation.
- Draft legal language for trust documents.
- Communicate with attorneys, beneficiaries, the court and other professionals.
- Provide legal insight on Trust matters.
- Develop new client leads by researching and recommending new trust programs.
- Participate in and present at local and statewide bar association activities.
- 3 years’ legal experience practicing in a corporate environment.
- Licensed to practice law in NYS with licensure in good standing.
- Experience in elder law, government benefits/entitlements and/or with special needs population.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume electronically to Careers@TheArcNY.org, Attn: Trust Counsel
Founded in 1949, The Arc New York is a family-governed, professionally managed, not-for-profit advocacy and human service organization, with 43 community Chapters operating programs in every region of New York State, serving approximately 60,000 individuals with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities.