About the Job
General Description: The Arc New York, a not-for-profit organization providing supports for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is seeking a Financial professional. The Financial Analyst is responsible for the analysis of submitted financial information from our regional Chapters across The Arc New York. The role will focus on supporting the monthly closing data that is submitted, and providing analysis that supports the implementation of the recommendations of the Financial Sustainability Workgroup to ensure that measurement of Chapter financial performance is regularly summarized and reported to the Executive Committee and Financial Sustainability committee.
- Develops strong relationships with financial teams at all chapters to build a regular 2-way communications process.
- Compiles and analyzes chapter financial information as reporting through the CFR and other reporting requests.
- Develops an integrated revenue/expense model to report Chapter performance following the criteria developed by the Financial Sustainability workgroup.
- Creates projections, reports and trends based current operational metrics and forecasts submitted by the chapters for revenue, expenses and new business development.
- Tracks rate and other changes that affect financial performance in the transitional environment that the Chapters are operating in.
- Manage day-to-day interactions with all members across The Arc New York that may have questions regarding the financial sustainability metrics, reporting, or how the information is reviewed or reported.
- Carry out any other responsibilities as deemed necessary to the position by the Director of Financial Analysis & Planning.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in an industry related to the DD\ID field, financial accounting or business operations/accounting environment
- MS Office proficiency, prior experience with the G/L, General Accounting principles, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree; related advanced degree preferred
- Ability to work with cross - functional staff and in multi-location teams.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume electronically to Careers@TheArcNY.org, Attn: Financial Analyst
Founded in 1949, The Arc New York is a family-governed, professionally managed, not-for-profit advocacy and human service organization, with 43 community Chapters operating programs in every region of New York State, serving approximately 60,000 individuals with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities.