The Arc New York, a not-for-profit organization providing supports for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is seeking a Human Resources professional. The Director for Quality Improvement and Compliance will provide support to all The Arc New York Chapters related to compliance and quality improvement initiatives and performance measurements.
- Support the AED for Quality Improvement and Compliance in all aspects of quality and compliance improvements throughout the organization, including data collection, analysis, and status communication to the Chapters.
- Track compliance and quality events throughout the organization and assist with reviewing audit findings and survey results with the goal of identifying opportunities for support and improvement.
- Research compliance and quality related questions and concerns to ensure that accurate and thorough feedback is provided throughout the organization.
- Develop and maintain relationships and communication with the senior leadership team members across the Chapters to organize and facilitate necessary compliance or quality reporting changes to improve Chapter compliance and quality performance and person centered outcomes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with and collaborate with peer quality and compliance staff at OPWDD and peer organizations.
- Develop tools and protocols to share amongst the Chapters to enhance and improve their current compliance and quality efforts.
- Assist in arranging collaborative forums to foster information sharing and best practice identification in order to improve Chapter operations in support of performance goals.
- Share, define and prioritize high-value compliance and quality projects and present those ideas and outcomes to stakeholders.
- Monitor the NYSARC compliance hotline and report incidents and complaints to the AED for Quality Improvement and Compliance.
- Periodically report to the Board and Board Committees.
- Plan discussions and webinars on compliance and quality initiatives for performance improvement to desired levels across all programs, with particular focus on assisting Chapters experiencing compliance and/or quality concerns, deficiencies, and audit findings.
- Research compliance and quality related benchmarks, best practices, and measures throughout the I/DD discipline that have proven to be effective.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Experience in intellectual and developmental disabilities field and previous experience in quality and operations preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant compliance and/or quality experience.
- Experience working in a large, multi-faceted organization a plus.
- Experience and ability in MS Office products to create reports, compile data, and capture metrics.
- Advanced data analysis skills and software expertise (Access, Excel).
- Appropriate Bachelor's Degree; related advanced degree or certifications (CHC, CFE, CIA) preferred.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume electronically to Careers@TheArcNY.org, Attn: Director, Quality Improvement and Compliance.Founded in 1949, The Arc New York is a family-governed, professionally managed, not-for-profit advocacy and service organization, with 46 community Chapters operating programs in every county in New York State, serving approximately 60,000 individuals, with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities.