The Arc New York offers a wide range of rewarding career opportunities, including direct support, nursing, speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, social work, job coaching, service coordination, and a variety of administrative support options. Every position at our Chapters and State Office is focused on improving the quality of life for people with developmental disabilities and their families.
State Office Opportunities
ACCOUNT PROCESSING REPRESENTATIVE
Duties Will Include:
- review and proofread requests for disbursement from trust beneficiaries
- maintain beneficiary files, databases, and spreadsheets
- request information and documentation to process requests via telephone and written correspondence
- research beneficiary account activity to provide information for both internal and external use
- work closely with other department staff and provide backup as needed
- any other duties requested by the supervisor and/or directors
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- understanding of processing financial transactions, calculations, and basic bookkeeping
- knowledge of Medicaid and government benefits a plus
- excellent analytical, proofreading skills, and attention to detail
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- ability to learn, understand, and communicate complex details
- ability to demonstrate professionalism, flexibility, integrity, cultural awareness, and sensitivity
- 2-Year degree in Accounting, Business, or related field; will consider equivalent with 2+ years banking and/or bookkeeping experience
- one year working in an office or bank setting required
- excellent writing skills and proofreading capabilities
- experience in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume electronically to Careers@TheArcNY.org, Attn: Account Processing Representative.
Founded in 1949, The Arc New York is a family-governed, professionally managed, nonprofit advocacy and service organization, with 52 Chapters operating programs in every region of New York State, serving approximately 60,000 individuals, with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities.
The Arc New York is an equal opportunity employer.